- Library of Congress, David Seymour (CHIM) Photograph Collection, War and social documentary subjects, ca. 1935-1955
- Magnum Photos, co-founded by CHIM in 1947, remains an important resource.
Magnum database is searchable and has more than 1000 annotated high-resolution images.
Licensing and modern print purchases are handled. Books and exhibit projects are supported.
Telephone +1 212 929 6000 Fax +1 212 929 9325
Most CHIM negatives (35mm Leica and 6 x 6 cm, Rollei) are kept in cold storage. Contact sheet books with historical annotations fill 2-3 shelves.
Archive Manager, Matt Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Magnum – London, 63 Gee Street, London EC1V 3RS, United Kingdom
Telephone + 44 20 7490 1771 Fax + 44 20 7608 0020
- Magnum – Paris, 19 Rue Hegesippe Moreau, 75018 Paris, France
Telephone + 33 1 53 42 50 00 Fax + 33 1 53 42 50 01
- International Center of Photography, New York, NY
Major center for research, exhibits, and publication for CHIM’s work.
Approx 1000 prints, 17 books of tearsheets, historical letters and recent letters about exhibits.
- George Eastman House, Rochester, NY
Press release, Jan. 8, 2007 – http://witness.eastmanhouse.org/PressRelease-Seymour.doc
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC
Approx 40 vintage prints and one CHIM portfolio
Curator: Sara Greenough (email@example.com)
- DeYoung: Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, CA
Approx 80 vintage prints
- Victoria & Albert Museum, London, UK
Approx 30 vintage prints as part of the photojournalism collection
- Harry Ransom Center, University of Texas – Austin, TX
Acquired a large collection of vintage and modern prints in 2010 of all Magnum photographers
- University of Maryland, Maryland, US
A gallery of works by CHIM